Friday, February 3, 2023

Horus Heresy Escalation League - Vol 2

Warhammer Horus Heresy V.2

For my second game we moved up to 1500 point games and I fully leaned into the recon company theme. I used a Centurion Delegatus to save points and still get a Rite of War, which I then chose Recon Company. I had a reconnaissance squad and scout squad with nemesis bolters and then a seeker squad as well, so lots of infiltrators! 

My opponent was fielding Loyalist Emperor's Children. We decided that while his force broadcast loyalty to the Imperium, my Imperial Fists refused to believe them and attacked anyway... it is the grimdark future after all. He was fielding a Pride of the Legion force, which consisted of Veterans and Terminators, two Contempter Dreadnoughts and a Predator tank.

Horus Heresy, Warhammer 30k, Scouts
My Scout Squad deployed forward to screen the army.

A Tactical Squad holding the ruins in the center.

Emperors Children Tartaros Terminators.

Overall view of the board.

Horus Heresy, Warhammer 30k, Reconnaissance Marines, Seekers, Recon, Sniper
Recon Marines with the Seekers in front.

Horus Heresy, Warhammer 30k, Reconnaissance Marines, Seekers, Recon, Sniper
This was my first game using Seekers.

Horus Heresy, Warhammer 30k, Reconnaissance Marines, Recon, Sniper
I had a Vigilator with the Recon Marines.

I don't like the look of those two Dreadnoughts.

EC Scout Squad deployed forward.

Horus Heresy, Warhammer 30k, Scouts , Recon, Sniper
My Scouts backed off from his Terminators.

The Tactical Marines took a beating and bravely hid.

The Seekers did good work, but eventually broke and ran.

My two Castaferrum Dreadnoughts came in from reserve, just in time.

The EC aggressively pushed forward since they were outranged.

The aftermath of a charge into the last Terminators. The Centurion did all the work himself.

Then the Scouts took the last hull point off the Predator.

Horus Heresy, Warhammer 30k, Castaferrum Dreadnought, Contemptor Dreadnought, Dreads,
The game ended on the objective. The last EC Contemptor took out one of mine before being torn apart.

Another great game. Imperial Fist pulled out a win after taking out the Emperor's Childrens dreadnoughts, tank and terminators.

No comments:

Post a Comment