Monday, February 8, 2016

Horus Heresy - Loyalist Dreadnoughts!

A quick update today. We will venture back to the Warhammer 30k universe with a couple of loyalist dreadnoughts I finished recently. I have been working concurrently on Raven Guard and Salamanders space marines using the new 30k plastics.



On the right is the Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought of the Raven Guard that I have shown before. I really love the plastic Contemptor from the Betrayal at Calth box. I added very little to the kit, just a little Raven friend and a few seals. I enjoyed this so much I looked for someway to get a Salamanders dreadnought quickly, and then remembered I had an old one gathering dust in the closet.

On the left is a Castraferrum Pattern Dreadnought that I customized for the Salamanders legion. This was a speed build in every sense of the word. I woke up one Saturday with the Grey Knight Dreadnought you see below and was entirely finished making it a heresy era Salamanders Dreadnought by that evening. That included striping the paint and additional bits and then adding the Salamander bits, priming and repainting. It was a fun build and while I am not entirely pleased with it, the dreadnought does capture the feel of what I was going for.





Since finishing these, I've completed several squads of Salamanders. As well as made a custom Praetor for them that I a really happy with. I hope to post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment