Monday, July 30, 2012

The dangers of flying (CRU)

So the following are a few photos of my Crusaders by Legio Heroica.

A group of Knights of Jerusalem with Arabized helmets.

I had no intention of buying any 15mm ancients, but sometimes fate intervenes. I happen to live near a small town in Alabama named Scottsboro, nothing particularly interesting other than a little place called Unclaimed Baggage. For some reason whenever you lose your baggage flying into the U.S. your stuff ends up in rural Alabama at a huge warehouse store.

Wandering the aisles of this store you never know what you will find. One day while I was perusing the selection of scuba masks, mp3 players and jewelry I found a shelf full of small bags, bags that contained tiny toy soldiers. Hoping I had found the mother lode of Flames of War miniature I was surprised to find dozens of bags of beautifully sculpted Crusaders and Muslim minis. I gathered them all together and found the price of fifty cents a bag reasonable, so twenty dollars later I have the makings of two whole armies for ancients.

After looking up the prices online, I found that I had bought around three hundred dollars worth of miniature for twenty dollars, bazinga.

First up are a few of my Knights Hospitaller.
The Knights Hospitaller force as of now, I based the army for use with Field of Glory.

Armored crossbowmen and spearmen.

Hospitaller spearmen.

Unarmored crossbowmen.

Knights of Jerusalem.

Now the Muslim Army.

So far this force is gorgeous with all the colors, I need to add more banners.

Advancing.
Armored Ayyubid lancers.

Bowmen.

Bedouin command.

Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb aka. Saladin

Turcomen horse archers.


I've only painted about half of both armies.

Overall these Legio Heroica miniatures are amazing, I would recommend them wholeheartedly.
I even plan on buying some more to finish both forces out, I just hope them don't get lost at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment